Broaden your horizons
Looking for energetic, bilingual individuals with a passion for travel and interest in tourism
JapanTravel.com is owned and operated by Japan Travel K.K., a foreign-owned company based in Japan.
Flexible, diverse and collaborative work environment, across multiple languages and nationalities.
Excellent career paths and promotion prospects at an equal opportunity employer.
Workplace conveniently located just a few minutes from Kojimachi station and Hanzomon station.
All positions are available for immediate start – remuneration includes base salary and performance bonuses or commission.
Reach out to companies and government organizations looking to increase foreign exposure.
Account Manager Requirements:
- Develop and sell service packages including content marketing and promotion.
- Diagnosing specific challenges in inbound organizations, such as language skills and services line-up, and creating solutions to increase effectiveness in selling to foreign tourists
- More than just selling advertisements, this position offers you the chance to create partnerships and develop original ideas that take advantage of the largest community network in Japan and around the world.
The job requires near native Japanese for listening to client needs and suggesting ideas. A strong level of English is preferred to aid in communication with internal team members.
The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in business and networking while being able to multitask and keep up with numerous projects simultaneously. Prior experience in either account management, office administration or a tourism related field is preferred. Account Managers receive base salary and are included in a generous commission system.
Develops web sites by planning and executing design, as well as coding and modifying websites, from layout to function according to specifications. Create visually appealing sites that feature user-friendly design and clear navigation.
- Experience in planning and delivering software platforms used across multiple products and organizational units.
- Experience with multiple frameworks, preferably Zend framework
- Git/SVN version control management experience
- Front-end development experience, including responsive design using Bootstrap
- Strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to manage expectations and deadlines
Regional Partners are local experts assigned by Prefecture and language. Our partners are located both in Japan and around the world and contribute to Japan Travel.
- Contribute to the website, specialising in content for your region/language.
- Help market the website in your region, recruiting new writers and referring potential sales leads.
- Represent Japan Travel in your region/language.
- Work on tourism projects related to your area, gaining networking and portfolio experience.
The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in people and travel – in particular, promoting Japan in your area. Please note – this is a part-time position but can be done remotely.