¡Que brillen los colores!
Japan Travel KK (hereafter, JapanTravel), owner and operator of www.japantravel.com, handles and works to protect the personal information of customers and users as follows.
This policy covers how JapanTravel treats personal information that it collects and receives, including information related to your past, present and future use of JapanTravel, and its services. Personal information means information about you which personally identifies you, like your name, address, email address, or phone number, and other data which is not otherwise publicly available.
Information Collection, Use, Sharing and Disclosure
- Customer Personal Information Kept by JapanTravel
- Reasons for Use of Customer Personal Information
JapanTravel keeps a portion of personal information provided by customers in travel requests and other transactions as personal data. JapanTravel also handles personal data entrusted to it by other travel companies in order to provide travel arrangements requested by those companies.
JapanTravel and Partners may use personal information provided in travel forms, surveys and site registration to contact customers for travel services, including the arrangement of transportation and accommodations.
*In addition, JapanTravel will use customer personal information...
- To respond to inquiries
- To process credit card payments for products or services
- To provide information on products and services offered by JapanTravel and related companies
- To request opinions and impressions after participating in travel or organized tours
- To request participation in questionnaires
- To offer special services and updates via annoucements and/or newsletter
- To create statistical data
JapanTravel does not collect, use or provide information to third parties on political opinions, faith (religion, philosophy, or creed), race or ethnicity, medical treatment, sexual history or criminal history except where permitted by law. Also, when sensitive information is collected, used, or provided to a third party, JapanTravel takes special care in its handling so as not to collect, use, or provide information in a way that is not in accordance with the law.
Unless stated otherwise, JapanTravel does not rent, sell or share personal information with third parties or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services under the following circumstances:
- JapanTravel will provide in electronic form a customer’s name, gender, age, address, phone number, e-mail address, passport number, and credit card number to transportation, accommodation, insurance and travel companies as necessary to arrange purchased travel services, or as necessary to fulfill travel agreements or complete insurance formalities to securitize costs when accidents occur.
- Where required by law or other legal proceedings to divulge such information to the authorities or where there is suspected fraud or potential threats to the physical safety of any person.
JapanTravel handles the collection and use of customer personal information as follows:
- Customers are presented with a clearly worded policy on the purpose of collection and types of use in pamphlets and travel request forms, web site and permission for use and collection is sought.
- When the information is provided to data storage companies or third parties, customers will be notified, and permission will be sought.
- Though customers are free to choose whether or not to provide any or all types of personal information when requesting travel services or information, there are instances where JapanTravel will not be able to contact the customer or complete procedures necessary to provide the requested services when some or all information is not provided, and thus will not be able to accept the requests for services from the customer.
Anyone who requests that we disclose, delete or destroy, change, stop the use, or stop sharing with third parties their individual customer personal information in our possession will be provided with the necessary steps to do so by contacting the departments listed below. When requested, we will take all necessary measures as set by laws and company regulations without delay.
If we are unable to comply with all or part of your request, we will provide an explanation.
Please contact the department below for any issues concerning personal information.
Japan Travel K.K.
Address: 1-3-4 Nishi-Azabu,
Minato-ku, KN134Bldg. 4F
Hours: 9:30-18:30 (Weekdays)
If for some reason JapanTravel personal information is disclosed, we will do our best to contact the customer immediately. If necessary, we will temporarily shut down our system to maintain security, or we may promptly announce facts about the situation publicly on our website and newsletter.
JapanTravel may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your JapanTravel account or by placing a prominent notice on our site. JapanTravel.com, is produced by Japan Travel KK, and references to JapanTravel, JT, JapanTravel.com or Japan Travel KK shall in general be interchangeable.